Step 6 - Graduation Materials
In order to 'graduate' and recieve a very cool ' webcaster badge' from the Webcast Academy, interns need to:
- complete the previous steps, including producing three 'interncasts'
- complete a webcaster portfolio page
- create at least one 'webcaster setup'
- stream their own 'gradcast'
. Each gradcast will be different, but the general goal is to
demonstrate your webcasting ability, reflect on the process of becoming
a webcaster, share lessons learned, and discuss your future webcasting
goals and plans.
Graduationcasts should include
- a properly posted event listing beforehand
- an overview of their 'webcasting journey' (original motivations, personal & technical challenges, etc.)
- a brief overview of their webcasting setup and any special challenges they faced using their hardware
- short descriptions of their 3 featured interncasts
- a discussion of their future webcasting plans and goals
Gradcasts posts should be published on the Webcast Academy site within a week of webcast and include a link to the intern's webcaster portfolio, the chat log from the webcast, and properly encoded audio (with ID3 tags).
After session leaders verify successful completion of all tasks, interns will be awarded their Webcaster Badge and Certificate of Proficiency. They can then apply for a Worldbridges Webcasting License and become eligible to become a 'producer' at any of the Worldbridges webcasting communities. They will also receive 'webcaster' permissions and additional hosting space at The Webcast Academy.